Sunday, October 21, 2012

Imagining the Future Usually Sucks. Or I Don't Know.


Wrote 'mock professional query letter' for class assignment. 

'Making up' a novel/writer, in a way that you imagine your future self being that writer and having written the novel seems... [something]. I don't know. I think I would be interested in reading this novel based on my 'sell.' 

Sometimes I think, "I want to write things I want to read. Let other people write things I want to read." as one sentence and feel confused. Seems, to make writing decisions, I view myself as trying to write something I want to read. 

I felt surprised I seemed to be genuinely interested in the novels 'pitched' by other students in my group. Felt like an 'asshole' for feeling 'surprised.' 

I chose Civil Coping Mechanisms because they published a book I had read and liked and a book I feel excited about reading in the future. Other publishers of things I like aren't open to submissions or don't seem as 'currently active' in things I'm interested in as CCM.



1 comment:

  1. Anyway, you should always keep being motivated, since it is the main impulse for development. Here I've found something interesting concerning this issue:
    15 Rules of Motivation

    ReplyDelete