Thursday, November 8, 2012

Free Online Lit Mixtape

Here are some things authors have published online in different forms. I don't think any of the authors had published books at the time of publishing these things (or these things seemed published very early in their career to me). All these authors have published books since.

I wrote a little tid-bit about each one.

I classified the books into [things]. I made up a rule to only have one of each classification. I put 'e-' in each classification. I also made it a rule I had to think, "I don't think any of the authors had published books at the time of publishing these things (or these things seemed published very early in their career to me)"

I think I 'discovered' all these things because each of these authors has talked about one of the other authors somewhere online.

It's like a mixtape so I called it a mixtape. (The word mixtape seems good)

"I don't think any of the authors had published books at the time of publishing these things (or these things seemed published very early in their career to me) mixtape":

Eat When You Feel Sad by Zachary German [e-book] - This was eventually expanded into a 'feature length' novel. I read somewhere it was 'discovered' by the publisher who then approached the author about publishing it.

Bernhard Goetz by Sam Pink [e-chap book] - I'm afraid Sam Pink will come to my house and beat me up or something if I keep mentioning him in blog posts.

Pinky Promise Me This by Anna Carrete [poetry e-book] - Unable to sleep, I read this at ~5:00 a.m. and emailed the author immediately after reading saying it was "so damn sweet" and that I felt "insane" sending the email.

Class by Noah Cicero [e-non-fiction] - This seems long. It mentions Lynyrd Skynyrd and 50 Cent.

Richie by Tao Lin [e-short story] - This is part of a e-short story collection called Today The Sky is Blue and White with Bright Blue Spots and a Small Pale Moon and I Will Destroy Our Relationship Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment